Do you have a brilliant idea for a panel? Are you working on a paper that will ‘revolutionise’ our understanding of international politics so far? Do you want to present it at one of the most prestigious academic conference in Britain, and yet in a friendly environment?
The BISA Postgraduate Network Committee (PGN) invites panels and paper submissions from PhD students for the BISA 2017 Conference in Brighton. The PGN will submit a total of six panels that will be included in the full BISA programme, and will be made up entirely of PhD students.
Panel proposals are welcome from both BISA working group members and individual postgraduate students.
Postgraduate students attending BISA will also have the opportunity to take part at “Meet the Editors” sessions and social events organised by the PGN Committee. The BISA Conference is also a great place to discuss ideas and projects with commissioning editors from some of the UK’s leading academic journals and presses. Whilst also offering a fantastic opportunity to network with fellow scholars from all levels of Academia.
Deadline for submissions: 19 August 2016
Decision will be made by 30 August.
Individual paper proposals must be submitted through https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6Y9D5RL by the deadline.
Panel proposals should be emailed, with abstracts, to bisapgnexec[at]gmail[dot]com
- You must be a BISA member and register to attend the Conference. Registration opens on 16 December and 24 February (deadline for inclusion in the conference programme).
- Discounted registration fee for postgraduate students, and generous bursaries are available. Applications for bursaries must be submitted between 9 January and 12 February.
- All presenters must upload their papers online, to the BISA site, by 2 June 2017.
- Please note that the deadlines for submission and registration to the BISA conference have changed this year. Find more information here.
- In 2017, these panels will take the place of the conferences that the PGN Committee has run in previous years.